BoxingInstructor(s): Jimmy Deoria
Questions? Contact Us
Boxing provides youth with a physical outlet, while building self-esteem, and confidence. The PAL boxing program is offered year round to boys and girls between the ages of 12-21 under the guidance of professional trainers. PAL's training regime conditions youth both physically and mentally and instills a sense of commitment, self worth, responsibility, and discipline. There is a $75 signup fee which is good for the year!
Over 21? Come down and talk to us!
WHO: PHOENIXVILLE AREA PAL BOXING PROGRAM
WHAT: AMATEUR BOXING PROGRAM FOR KIDS AGES 12-21
WHERE: OPERATES YEAR-ROUND OUT OF THE REC CENTER - 501 FRANKLIN AVE. PHOENIXVILLE PA 19460
HOW: JUST STOP IN DOWNSTAIRS AT THE CIVIC CENTER MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY BETWEEN 5PM AND 7PM TO GET A SIGNUP SHEET AND SEE THE PROGRAM IN ACTION. SIGNUPS ARE HELD YEAR-ROUND.
WHEN: MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY BETWEEN 5PM AND 7PM YEAR-ROUND
Why Start A Boxing Program?
There are numerous reasons why an amateur boxing program benefits,
not only the individual, but also the community they live in:
- Because of its focus on individual achievement boxing attracts "at risk" youth like no other athletic program. It promotes self-reliance, accountability and serves as an ideal outlet for the individual who does not participate in team sports.
- Boxing builds confidence and self esteem. Success in the ring is dependent solely on that athlete and his work ethic in preparing for competition. There are no teammates to blame a loss on and only one person can receive accolades. This generates an immeasurable sense of accomplishment in the athlete for his individual capabilities.
- Aggression and anger are actively channeled through the intensity of the sport. Individuals are also less likely to get into "fights" outside the gym because they have no need to "Prove" anything. They learn to respect their skills of self defense and selectively use them in the ring.
- Boxing is extremely safe. It is among the most regulated in all amateur sports.
- Daily physicals and medical attention are required for each athlete during competition. The equipment used is also regulated and must pass strict safety guidelines in order to be approved by the boxing national governing body, USA Boxing.
No scheduled classes for this activity right now. Use the form below to be notified when the next class is listed.