Fifth Class - More EF Core, Beginners Web!
Code Files From Tonight
Project (Console App): https://github.com/chris-brickhouse/PALProgamming/tree/master
Web Project (Created Tonight): https://github.com/chris-brickhouse/PALProgrammingWeb/tree/master
Web Development Slideshow From Tonight:
HTML File Created Tonight:
Tonight we continued with C#, forging into Entity Framework!
- More EF Core!
- Intro to Web Development (See Slideshow Above)
- Our First HTML Page (See HTML File Above)
Next time we will be continuing with C# reading: https://www.codecademy.com/learn/learn-c-sharp
Here's the needed software list again if anyone isn't set up
For Mac you might need to run Windows virtually or follow this guide to install SQL Server: https://database.guide/how-to-install-sql-server-on-a-mac/
Needed software (all free to download and cross-platform)
- Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition - https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/
- SQL Server Developer Edition - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sql-server/sql-server-downloads - be sure to install all developer tools. after install, make sure you have SQL Server Tools --> SQL Management Studio installed
- Git - https://git-scm.com/downloads - this is for versioning
- GitHub account - https://github.com/ - sign up for this - we will be storing our code here. this and Git combined allow you to have version control so you can view old versions, compare, etc.
- Zoom - download/make an account https://zoom.us/
If you have any questions or concerns about installing any of these let me know.
This is the Material we are going to cover, and some references to get you started:
- Microsoft SQL - This is a database platform (similar to MS Access but more complex and server-based) and language to query said data. https://www.sqlservertutorial.net/getting-started/
- C# - This is a Microsoft language, free and open-source - reference guide
- Entity Framework - this is the portion of C# that allows the language to speak to SQL more easily
- HTML - this is the formatting language websites are composed of.
- CSS - this styles (color, appearance) the HTML components you learned about in the HTML class.